How to make a school holiday program booking
Enrolments and bookings are managed through an online system called My Family Lounge.
My Family Lounge allows you to:
- enrol your child in our programs
- submit a new booking request
- manage existing bookings (you can cancel with more than seven days’ notice).
- update your details
Already have a My Family Lounge account with YMCA Children's Programs? Sign in here.
New to our programs? Follow the booking steps below to start your enrolment and bookings process.
In order to make a booking, your child must be aged five to 12 (i.e. enrolled in primary school) to be eligible to be booked into our school holiday programs.
Prices differ slightly at each location - so before you book, you can find your local School Holiday Programs for more information. Different fees are set for each day, depending on whether it is a headquarters, incursion or excursion day. A list of fees for each holiday program is available four weeks prior to the holiday program start date (on the location's website, or in hard copy at the location). Prices may be reduced if you are eligible for the Child Care Subsidy.
If you're new to our programs, follow these steps to get started. If at any point you have a question or you're not quite ready to book, our team will be happy to help - simply fill in our enquiry form and someone will get back to you.
1. What you need to get started
As you complete your enrolment you will be asked to provide certain information in order to secure a spot for your child.
We suggest preparing the following documentation before setting up an account:
- Contact information: Contact information is required for the person who will be responsible for the account. Please note: The primary contact would also be the parent or guardian registered for Centrelink benefits.
- Secondary contact: You will also be asked to add a secondary contact, which is the additional parent/guardian.
- Billing information: Your child cannot commence care with us until a payment method has been set up. Please provide the following billing information: credit card details or bank card details.
- Action plans, birth certificates and immunisation history statements.
2. Register for an account
My Family Lounge is an online booking and enrolment system which allows families to amend or update information at their convenience.
This paperless systems allows you to:
- Enrol your child/ren in our programs
- Submit a new booking request
- Manage existing bookings
- Update your contact details
To create a My Family Lounge account, visit their registration portal. You will be asked to set up an account with a username and password.
Once you have registered you will be sent an email with a link to follow to complete your enrolment.
3. Completing the enrolment form in My Family Lounge
You can complete your child's enrolment form by actioning the following:
- Enter the primary contact details for the person who will be responsible for the account. Add the secondary contact which is the additional parent or guardian.
- For each child you are enrolling you will be asked to complete a separate enrolment form.
- Add which centre or service you want to attend.
- Provide any medical or dietary requirements for your child are provided.
- Upload action plans, birth certificates and immunisation history statements.
- Choose your preferred payment method. Remember, your child cannot commence care with us until a payment method has been set up.
- Read all the information thoroughly. It is important you feel informed and confident before starting care with us. Almost there...please read and agree to the terms and conditions of the YMCA and type your name in the box.
- Submit! Click on the submit button when you have completed all of the above. If something is missing, any areas still needing information will be highlighted red at the top of the page.
4. Book a place
Once enrolment is completed, sign into My Family Lounge and go to the casual bookings section. Select the days that you would like your child to attend our school holiday program at the relevant location and book your days.
This needs to be done for each child being booked into the program.
7. Manage your account
Once you have enrolled with YMCA Children's Programs, we recommend reviewing the resources and support service available in our account management section.
This include advice on accessing the Child Care Subsidy, details on our fortnightly debit cycle and directions on updating bank details.
The Child Care Subsidy (CCS) helps eligible families access approved and registered child care providers, by partially subsidising the cost of daily fees.
CCS is provided by the Federal Government and is managed through their Services Australia agency.