What’s included in our prices?
Our first priority is safety. YMCA is accredited by the Australian Childhood Foundation as a child-safe organisation. This accreditation was achieved by ensuring child-safe practices are embedded in everything we do by:
- regular staff training and checks
- two educators in our spaces at all times
0-3 years = 1 educator per 4 children (1:4)
3-5 years = 1 educator per 11 children (1:11)
- electronic entry at centre entrance
- scheduled drop-off and pick-up routines.
Delicious and healthy breakfast, morning tea, lunch and snacks prepared onsite daily by our qualified cook, in accordance with the Healthy Together Achievement Program.
Long opening hours
Monday- Friday 7:00 am-6:30 pm
We are only closed on official public holidays.
Easy online bookings
With our quick and convenient My Family Lounge app, you can update and change details and bookings easily.
Nappies and linen
Quality nappies and bedding. Each child has their own manchester, which is laundered onsite.
What will my child do at Truganina South?
We take a holistic approach to childcare and create engaging, fun and educational experiences that will help your happy child reach their full potential and feel prepared for their schooling journey.
Holistic learning at the YMCA incorporates all aspects of learning, development and well-being based on the individual’s needs, interests and capabilities. We recognise the whole self through programs, interactions and experiences that integrate and challenge physical, emotional, cognitive, personal, social, spiritual and relationship connections.
Our programs are developed in accordance with the Victorian Early Years Learning & Development Framework, and the National Quality Framework.
Fun and play
Each day your child will enjoy activities that nurture their inquisitive minds and provide exciting variety.
Examples of daily activities:
- outdoor play- playground and gardening, sunscreen provided of course!
- messy play- water play and mud play
- risky play- recognising boundaries through play
- music play- singing, listening and playing
- book time- quiet time and being read to
- incursions and excursions- such as trips to a local farm and visits from the dentist
- educational and non-plastic toys, with ‘open-ended’ imaginative play
- socialising with friends and new children.
Our open learning approach groups children in mixed ages in each room, typically either up to three years old or three years old or above. This is more like a natural family environment, and has many benefits for your children, such as building their self-confidence and self-esteem. Children learn best from other children rather than adults, and studies have shown that ‘children in small multi age groups often display less competitive behaviour and greater displays of helpfulness’.