Once your child is enrolled in primary school (aged five to 12), they are eligible to be booked into our Before and After School Programs.
We recommend you enrol your child with us as soon as possible, regardless of how often you think you’ll use the service. Early enrolment means that if you need last-minute care, we are already familiar with your child’s needs, interests and health information.
Prices differ slightly at each location - so please speak to the coordinator at your Before and After School Program for more information. Prices may be reduced if you are eligible for the Child Care Subsidy.
How to make a booking
Enrolments and bookings are managed through an online system called My Family Lounge.
My Family Lounge allows you to:
- enrol your child in our programs
- submit a new booking request
- manage existing bookings (you can cancel with more than seven days’ notice).
- update your details
You can access My Family Lounge on your desktop or mobile (download the app via the App Store or Google Play).
Already have a My Family Lounge account with YMCA Children's Programs? Please sign in.
New to our programs? Follow the steps at the bottom of this page to start your enrolment and bookings process.
Alternatively, if you have a few more questions and you're not quite ready to book, our team will be happy to help - simply fill in our enquiry form and someone will get back to you.
Register for an account
My Family Lounge is an online booking and enrolment system which allows families to amend or update information at their convenience.
This paperless systems allows you to:
- Enrol your child/ren in our programs
- Submit a new booking request
- Manage existing bookings
- Update your contact details
To create a My Family Lounge account, visit their registration portal. You will be asked to set up an account with a username and password.
Once you have registered you will be sent an email with a link to follow to complete your enrolment.
What you need to get started
As you complete your enrolment you will be asked to provide certain information in order to secure a spot for your child.
We suggest preparing the following documentation before setting up an account:
- Contact information: Contact information is required for the person who will be responsible for the account. Please note: The primary contact would also be the parent or guardian registered for Centrelink benefits.
- Secondary contact: You will also be asked to add a secondary contact, which is the additional parent/guardian.
- Billing information: Your child cannot commence care with us until a payment method has been set up. Please provide the following billing information: credit card details or bank card details.
- Action plans, birth certificates and immunisation history statements.
Completing the enrolment form
You can complete your child's enrolment form by actioning the following:
- Enter the primary contact details for the person who will be responsible for the account. Add the secondary contact which is the additional parent or guardian.
- For each child you are enrolling you will be asked to complete a separate enrolment form.
- Add which centre or service you want to attend.
- Provide any medical or dietary requirements for your child are provided.
- Upload action plans, birth certificates and immunisation history statements.
- Choose your preferred payment method. Remember, your child cannot commence care with us until a payment method has been set up.
- Read all the information thoroughly. It is important you feel informed and confident before starting care with us. Almost there...please read and agree to the terms and conditions of the YMCA and type your name in the box.
- Submit! Click on the submit button when you have completed all of the above. If something is missing, any areas still needing information will be highlighted red at the top of the page.
Submitting a booking request
Submitting a booking request for your child's preferred start date and day(s) of care puts their name on the waitlist at the centre you have selected.
Booking requests are made via your My Family Lounge account clicking 'new request' under the 'booking request' section. Please follow the guided four step process and click 'save' once completed.
Our centre wait lists are maintained and reviewed to ensure fairness and equality for all families wishing to enrol their child at a YMCA Early Learning Centre.
Accepting your offer
Once you have received via email your offer of place for your child to attend, you will have three days to accept it. If you have not accepted your offer within three days, it will expire and those requested days will then become available to the next family who is on the wait list. You may resubmit another booking request and follow the same process.
Your child's orientation is a great time for us to get to know better your child; their individual routines, current interests and learning and development goals. Orientation at our centres involve up to three visits; starting with one hour and extending to three hours on the third visit. As a parent or guardian, you are required to stay with your child during these visits. It's important to us that you and your child feel comfortable and confident in a new environment. If you feel your child needs more then three orientation visits, please speak with your Centre Manager.