If you need high quality, engaging care for your children during before and after school hours, the YMCA Victoria (the Y) is here to help!
The Y Before and After School Programs are a terrific solution for busy families and provide a fun, friendly and relaxed environment for your child to grow and learn. We cater to the needs of all children and offer a range of enjoyable activities.
If your child is aged between five years old to 12 years old and enrolled in primary school, they will love our Before and After School Programs.
Our Before and After School Programs offer:
- Sports, ball games and team games;
- Arts and crafts;
- Creative and expressive arts such as drama, singing and dancing;
- Board games and puzzles;
- Homework time;
- Gardening and recycling.
We also provide healthy and delicious snacks, with breakfast being served in the morning, and afternoon tea after school.
Find a Before and After School Care service near you
The Y runs over 40 Before and After School Care services at local schools and community facilities across Victoria.
In selected regional locations we also collect children from other nearby schools.
We offer Before and After School Care services at the following locations:
- Aitkens Creek Primary
- Armstrong Creek Primary
- Bannockburn Primary
- Barton Primary
- Bendigo Violet Street Primary
- Broadmeadows Primary School
- Buln Buln Primary School
- Cobram Primary
- Cowes Primary School
- Derrimut Primary
- Eaglehawk North Primary
- Echuca Primary
- Featherbrook College
- Harvest Home Primary
- Hazelwood North Primary
- Holy Rosary Primary
- John Henry Primary
- Kororoit Creek Primary
- Kosciuszko Street Primary
- Lightning Reef Primary School
- Marist College Bendigo
- Mernda Central College
- Mernda Park Primary
- Moomba Park Primary School
- Point Cook College
- Rosedale Primary
- Sacred Heart Yarrawonga
- St Francis of the Fields Primary
- St Joseph's School Cobram
- St Joseph's School Quarry Hill
- St Kilian's Primary
- St Liborius Primary
- St Monica's School
- St Patrick's School Wangaratta
- St Therese's Primary School
- Taylors Hill Primary
- Torquay Primary
- Trafalgar Primary
- Truganina South Primary
- Tulliallan Primary
- Upper Plenty Primary
- Warragul North Primary
- Wilandra Rise Primary
- Wonthaggi Primary
- Yarrawonga College
Are you a current Y family?
Already have a My Family Lounge account with the Y? And you're ready to book your place? Sign into your account below.
Want to ask a question?
Fill in the enquiry form and a team member will respond to you shortly.
Are you a new family?
You'll need to create a My Family Lounge account. Read the booking information below, and register for a My Family Lounge account. The first time you register with My Family Lounge you will need to be using a desktop application, not mobile.
Register for an account
My Family Lounge is an online booking and enrolment system which allows families to amend or update information at their convenience.
This paperless systems allows you to:
- Enrol your child/ren in our programs
- Submit a new booking request
- Manage existing bookings
- Update your contact details
To create a My Family Lounge account, visit their registration portal. You will be asked to set up an account with a username and password.
Once you have registered you will be sent an email with a link to follow to complete your enrolment.
What you need to get started
As you complete your enrolment you will be asked to provide certain information in order to secure a spot for your child.
We suggest preparing the following documentation before setting up an account:
- Contact information: Contact information is required for the person who will be responsible for the account. Please note: The primary contact would also be the parent or guardian registered for Centrelink benefits.
- Secondary contact: You will also be asked to add a secondary contact, which is the additional parent/guardian.
- Billing information: Your child cannot commence care with us until a payment method has been set up. Please provide the following billing information: credit card details or bank card details.
- Action plans, birth certificates and immunisation history statements.
Completing the enrolment form
You can complete your child's enrolment form by actioning the following:
- Enter the primary contact details for the person who will be responsible for the account. Add the secondary contact which is the additional parent or guardian.
- For each child you are enrolling you will be asked to complete a separate enrolment form.
- Add which centre or service you want to attend.
- Provide any medical or dietary requirements for your child are provided.
- Upload action plans, birth certificates and immunisation history statements.
- Choose your preferred payment method. Remember, your child cannot commence care with us until a payment method has been set up.
- Read all the information thoroughly. It is important you feel informed and confident before starting care with us. Almost there...please read and agree to the terms and conditions of the YMCA and type your name in the box.
- Submit! Click on the submit button when you have completed all of the above. If something is missing, any areas still needing information will be highlighted red at the top of the page.
Submitting a booking request
Submitting a booking request for your child's preferred start date and day(s) of care puts their name on the waitlist at the centre you have selected.
Booking requests are made via your My Family Lounge account clicking 'new request' under the 'booking request' section. Please follow the guided four step process and click 'save' once completed.
Our centre wait lists are maintained and reviewed to ensure fairness and equality for all families wishing to enrol their child at a YMCA Early Learning Centre.
Accepting your offer
Once you have received via email your offer of place for your child to attend, you will have three days to accept it. If you have not accepted your offer within three days, it will expire and those requested days will then become available to the next family who is on the wait list. You may resubmit another booking request and follow the same process.
Your child's orientation is a great time for us to get to know better your child; their individual routines, current interests and learning and development goals. Orientation at our centres involve up to three visits; starting with one hour and extending to three hours on the third visit. As a parent or guardian, you are required to stay with your child during these visits. It's important to us that you and your child feel comfortable and confident in a new environment. If you feel your child needs more then three orientation visits, please speak with your Centre Manager.