Last updated: Wednesday 20 October 2021
From Friday 22 October children of fully vaccinated parents / guardians are able to attend childcare again. Both parents / guardians must be fully vaccinated (have received two doses of a recognised COVID-19 vaccine) prior to their child attending.
In a single parent family, only the parent/guardian caring for the child needs to be fully vaccinated prior to their child attending.
This change does not affect children currently attending our centres (children of authorised workers, vulnerable families or single working parents). These children can continue to access childcare regardless of their parent/guardian’s vaccination status.
Parents / guardians who want their child to start attending on Friday 22 October will need to provide proof of vaccination for each parent or guardian to their centre. This can be in the form of:
- Immunisation history statement available from Australian Immunisation Register (AIR)
- MyGov COVID-19 digital certificate
- Service Victoria app showing COVID-19 digital vaccination certificate linked or,
- Document or proof of relevant medical exemption.
This evidence be verified by our centre staff. The only information remaining on our file will be our record of the parent/guardian’s vaccination status.
Unfortunately, if you are unable to provide proof of vaccination we won’t be able to accept your child into our centre.
From Friday 5 November, our centres will reopen to all children, regardless of their parent / guardian’s vaccination status.
Our centres have a COVID-safe plan in place and all educators will be fully vaccinated by Monday 29 November in accordance with the government guidelines.
Please note that all dates stated above are indicative and are subject to change according to public health advice from the Victorian Government.
If you have any questions about this process, please don’t hesitate our customer service team at email@example.com or (03) 8371 0500.
A summary of how our services operate in COVIDSafe settings is detailed below.
Our commitment to safety and hygiene remains vigilant, and we will continue to monitor government updates and guidelines closely.
- If you, your child, or a family member develops symptoms of a fever, chills or sweats, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, runny nose, loss of smell or taste, you should get tested at a coronavirus (COVID-19) testing facility and stay home.
- Wear a mask at all times at drop-off and pick-up.
- Access to families will be restricted to the centres foyer, with staff collecting and dropping off children within this space.
- Notify our staff if anyone in your family has been unwell or recently tested.
- Practice good hygiene of handwashing for at least 20 seconds and sanitising when entering and exiting any locations.
- Maintain physical distancing, keep at least 1.5 metres away from others.
If our staff identify your child as being unwell, we will need to prevent them from entering our service for the health and safety of other children and staff. Similarly, if a child displays symptoms of being unwell, its critical parents/guardians respect the health and safety of others at the centre and collect them immediately.
If you have frequented any of the exposure sites during the nominated timeframes, please stay home and get tested.
There are a number of information and support channels available:
Coronavirus hotline: If you are concerned, call the coronavirus hotline 1800 675 398 (24 Hours).
Interpreting service: If you need an interpreter, call TIS National on 131 450.
Translated resources: https://www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/translated-resources-coronavirus-disease-covid-19
Stay safe and take care.
List of metropolitan services
List of regional services
Early Learning Centres
|Lightning Reef||North Bendigo|
|Happy Days Macarthur Square||Campbelltown, NSW|
Outside School Hours Care (OSHC)
|Armstrong Creek Primary||Armstrong Creek|
|Holy Rosary Primary||White Hills (Bendigo)|
|Lightning Reef Primary||North Bendigo|
|Marist College Bendigo||Maiden Gully (Bendigo)|
|Sacred Heart College Yarrawonga
|St Francis Primary||Strathfieldsaye (Bendigo)|
|St Kilians Primary||Bendigo|
|St Liborius Primary||Eaglehawk (Bendigo)|
|St Monica's Primary School||Kangaroo Flat (Bendigo)|
|St Therese's Primary School||Kennington (Bendigo)|
School Holiday Programs (SHP) based in recreation facilities
|Bass Coast Aquatic and Leisure Centre||Wonthaggi|
|Bellbird Park Indoor Centre||Drouin|
|Phillip Island Leisure Centre||Cowes|
Interpreting resources and support services:
- Coronavirus hotline: If you are concerned about coronavirus symptoms call the dedicated 24 hour hotline on 1800 675 398.
- Interpreting service: If you need an interpreter, call TIS National on 131 450.
- Translated resources: the Department of Health and Human Services website has a variety of COVID-19 translated information for people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
- SBS News: News and information about COVID-19 is available in 63 languages.
Contact us form
If you have any questions about the information on this page, complete the form below and our Customer Service Team will respond.