Enrolments and bookings are managed through an online system called My Family Lounge.
Current families can sign into My Family Lounge to review their current booking and enrolment details.
Our account management section features additional support resources for current families.
New to our programs? Follow the directions below to register for a My Family Lounge account.
Enrolment and booking: Step-by-step guide
The guide below outlines the steps families must complete in our enrolment and bookings process.
Register for an account
My Family Lounge is an online booking and enrolment system which allows families to amend or update information at their convenience.
This paperless systems allows you to:
- Enrol your child/ren in our programs
- Submit a new booking request
- Manage existing bookings
- Update your contact details
To create a My Family Lounge account, visit their registration portal. You will be asked to set up an account with a username and password.
Once you have registered you will be sent an email with a link to follow to complete your enrolment.
New to our programs? Register and complete your details to create a My Family Lounge Account. Before you get started, we also recommend reading our enrolment guide so you have everything you need on-hand to complete the form.
What you need to get started
As you complete your enrolment you will be asked to provide certain information in order to secure a spot for your child.
We suggest preparing the following documentation before setting up an account:
- Contact information: Contact information is required for the person who will be responsible for the account. Please note: The primary contact would also be the parent or guardian registered for Centrelink benefits.
- Secondary contact: You will also be asked to add a secondary contact, which is the additional parent/guardian.
- Billing information: Your child cannot commence care with us until a payment method has been set up. Please provide the following billing information: credit card details or bank card details.
- Additional information: Action plans, birth certificates and immunisation history statements
Completing the enrolment form
You can complete your child's enrolment form by actioning the following:
- Enter the primary contact details for the person who will be responsible for the account. Add the secondary contact which is the additional parent or guardian.
- For each child you are enrolling you will be asked to complete a separate enrolment form.
- Add which centre or service you want to attend.
- Provide any medical or dietary requirements for your child are provided.
- Upload action plans, birth certificates and immunisation history statements.
- Choose your preferred payment method. Remember, your child cannot commence care with us until a payment method has been set up.
- Read all the information thoroughly. It is important you feel informed and confident before starting care with us. Almost there...please read and agree to the terms and conditions of the YMCA and type your name in the box.
- Submit! Click on the submit button when you have completed all of the above. If something is missing, any areas still needing information will be highlighted red at the top of the page.
Submitting a booking request
Submitting a booking request for your child's preferred start date and day(s) of care puts their name on the waitlist at the location you have selected.
Booking requests are made via your My Family Lounge account clicking 'new request' under the 'booking request' section. Please follow the guided four step process and click 'save' once completed.
Our wait lists are maintained and reviewed to ensure fairness and equality for all families wishing to enrol their child at a YMCA centre or program.
Accepting your offer
Once you have received your offer to attend via email, you will have three days to accept it.
If you have not accepted your offer within three days, it will expire and those requested days will then become available to the next family who is on the wait list.
You may resubmit another booking request and follow the same process.
Orientation at our Early Learning Centres involves up to three visits; starting with one hour and extending to three hours on the third visit.
As a parent or guardian, you are required to stay with your child during these visits. It's important to us that you and your child feel comfortable and confident in a new environment.
Your child's orientation is a great time for us to get to know better your child; their individual routines, current interests and learning and development goals.If you feel your child needs more then three orientation visits, please speak with your Centre Manager.
Learn more about the getting started at our Early Learning Centres.
Outside School Hours Care (OSHC)
Our orientation process for school aged children is focused on establishing relationships with their peers and our team of educators.
While introducing children to the OSHC space our educators build a rapport by asking about their current interests and focuses at school.
Children also receive peer orientation from other students who already attend OSHC, including friends, classmates or older siblings.
Parent and guardian attendance is not required, as our OSHC services operate within school facilities that children are highly familiar with.
If you would like further details on this process or if your child requires additional support, please speak with your Program Coordinator.
Manage your account
Once you have enrolled with YMCA Children's Programs, we recommend reviewing the resources and support service available in our account management section.
This include advice on accessing the Child Care Subsidy, details on our fortnightly debit cycle and directions on updating bank details.
The Child Care Subsidy (CCS) helps eligible families access approved and registered child care providers, by partially subsidising the cost of daily fees.
CCS is provided by the Federal Government and is managed through their Services Australia agency.
How do I make changes to my child's care arrangements?
We understand families may need to make changes to their child’s care arrangements, including permanent booking cancellation.
In this instance we ask families to provide a period of notice which varies based on the service your child attends.
- One week's notice is required for our Before and After School Programs and School Holiday Programs.
- Two week's notice is required for our Early Learning programs (including Long Day Care and Kindergarten).
Families can submit their notice by selecting the "Change to child's care arrangements" field when completing our current families contact form.
Our Customer Service Team will review your form submission and pass notice onto your Centre Manager or Program Coordinator.
Alternatively, families can submit their notice to their centre/program directly via email.