The Spring School Holiday program activity details and bookings will be available on this page from Monday 22 August - Mark the date in your calendars and secure your spot!
If your child needs quality care during school holidays, is between five and 12 years old, and enrolled in primary school – they will love Boroondara YMCA School Holiday Program!
We're proud to support families in Balwyn and surrounding areas with our YMCA School Holiday Program based at Boroondara Sports Complex.
- The upcoming Spring School Holiday Program will run on weekdays starting Monday 19 September and finish on Friday 30 September 2022.
- Bookings will open Monday 22 August and a list of activities will be released on this page.
- Returning families will receive an email notification when the program details are available.
- New to Y OSHC? Complete the enrolment process to prepare for the next school holiday program.
Our Boroondara program has access to catering services from the café located within Boroondara Sports Complex (BSC).
Families can submit an online lunch order with the BSC café for each day their child attends our School Holiday Program.
How to submit your order:
- Register or login to School Lunch Online.
- Go to My Account and select 'Add Users' in the User Details tab.
- Select YMCA Boroondara as the school you are ordering from. Enter your child's name and year level.
- Go to My Orders and select the date your child is attending our program.
- Select your preferred menu items and them to cart. Repeat this for each day you wish to place an order.
- Go to the Shopping Cart and follow the prompts to submit payment,
Please note the following:
- menus are open two weeks prior to the next program;
- orders close at 4:00pm the day prior;
- families still need to provide snacks for morning and afternoon tea;
- lunch order fees are not covered by your Child Care Subsidy (CCS) entitlements.
Activities and learning outcomes
YMCA School Holiday Programs offer a variety of activities to interest your child, such as:
- arts and crafts
- music and movement area
- outdoor and physical space
- puzzles and board games
- reading and quiet space
- science, nature and sensory activities
- incursion and excursions.
Strict departure hours apply for excursions (please note the times when booking the activity).
To accommodate our families, we offer YMCA School Holiday Programs between 7:30am and 6:00pm during the holidays, Monday to Friday, during the holidays (see the 'Next program' section above for dates).
Boroondara YMCA School Holiday Program is run through Boroondara Sports Complex, which is run by YMCA Victoria and owned by Boroondara Council.
The following services are also available at this location:
What to bring
- Lunch and snack (nutritious & NUT FREE)
- SunSmart hat and sunscreen
- Water bottle
- Weather appropriate clothing and shoes
- Where activity involves water, please bring swimwear, towel and a change of clothes as required
We believe in an inclusive society for all children and families. Children with additional needs are welcome to attend our program. Families must contact the OSHC Coordinator at least four weeks prior to the holiday program to discuss the individual needs of your child and complete any funding applications. Find out more about inclusion at YMCA Children's Programs.
Prices and subsidies
Boroondara YMCA School Holiday Program offers in house, incursion and excursion activities during the school holidays.
Our standard fee is: $79.85
Program tables are available to view under the ‘Next program’ section, prior to the start of each school holiday. These detail the daily activities planned and associated fees.
Please note: The fees above are not inclusive of any Child Care Subsidy (CCS) entitlements, which may reduce your out-of-pocket expense.
Our programs operate on a fortnightly debit cycle, which withdraws payment for the next two weeks of care your family has booked.
If you book an additional day of care during our School Holiday Program, your account will be back charged in the following debit cycle.
Visit our debit process page for a list of forthcoming debit dates.
Bookings and enquiries
To enrol your child in a YMCA School Holiday Program or submit a booking request, go to the bookings page for step by step instructions on how to to get started. Bookings are managed through an online system called My Family Lounge.
If you're not quite ready to book and have a few more questions, our team will be happy to help – simply fill in our enquiry form and someone will get back to you.
Boroondara YMCA School Holiday Program is located at:
Boroondara Sports Complex
271c Belmore Road